- Land mine detection: Dogs’ sensitive receptors in their noses can pinpoint mines four inches underground or more. Mine detection dogs prevent thousands of deaths and injuries every year.
- Scat sniffing: Dogs help wildlife researchers by locating scat from endangered species.
- Termite detection: Beagles and Labs are the exterminator’s (and homeowner’s) best friends. The dogs identify infestations in the hidden crawl spaces of houses that show no outward signs of termites.
- Truffle sniffing: Why have dogs replaced pigs as the favorite tracking animal of Italy’s truffle hunters? Pigs
tend to eat what they find. Dogs settle for a biscuit.
- Lifeboat rescue: When rivers flood or boats sink in lakes, dogs help track down survivors caught in vegetation.
An exercised dog is a peaceful dog, give Peaceful Paws a call 508–4 51–6779 for all of your pet care and dog walking needs, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org